About Me

Words the world would uses to describe me are: Jesus Follower, Husband, Father, Friend, Doctor, Pastor, Teacher, and my personal favorite Crazy!
I believe that we live our lives according to our convictions, what does your life say about whats at your core?

Monday, June 4, 2012

Double Dogged Dared!


Has anyone ever said something to you that just kept echoing in your head? Something simple, and honest, but it just keeps replaying over and over in your head?

Last night Kaylee my nine year old daughter, who has been by my side as through a lifestyle transformation that started when she was turning four said something that I shrugged off with a laugh and quickly dismissed…or did I?

Her words were very simple, very straight forward, almost a dare from a kids point of view…but it spoke volumes to me her dad.  What was this double dog dare?

As she looked at two cakes my wife had baked for the kids at church she simply said, “I’d love to see you eat a WHOLE cupcake!”

She didn’t question me about not eating sweets, or junk food.  She knows I love cupcakes, and she’s seen me take my fair share of nibbles (usually hijacked from her plate).  She specifically said a WHOLE CUPCAKE…can you say portion control?

I love that I have what I’d now consider a healthy relationship with food…one that I hope and pray I can pass onto my children!

I hope they learn from me that when you practice self control and discipline at the dinner table, that the sweets you have as a treat are that much sweeter!  

So here is my dare to you...join me with NO JUNK FOOD JUNE!  Your July will thank you...ok, ok, I double dog dare ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment