About Me

Words the world would uses to describe me are: Jesus Follower, Husband, Father, Friend, Doctor, Pastor, Teacher, and my personal favorite Crazy!
I believe that we live our lives according to our convictions, what does your life say about whats at your core?

Monday, June 11, 2012

Your Nutrtion Matters to God!


I can’t believe how many years I heard these verses quoted Almost EXCLUSIVELY to defend peoples stance against tattoos.

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. - 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

I am not writing this to argue viewpoints on tattoos, rather to say nutrition matters to God!  What we choose to put in our bodies often determines how we feel, our energy levels, it enables or disenables our body’s immune systems…How can God not be concerned with such things?

God wants you to be healthy…are you doing your part?
God wants you to live long…are you doing your part?
God wants you to have energy…are you doing your part?

When we simply eat garbage out of convenience or because “it tastes good” are we taking care of the temple of the Holy Spirit?  Are we dying to our flesh?  This is one area of discipline the Bible speaks much about that is largely ignored...I know this doesn't make me popular, or cause you to have happy feelings towards me, but I cannot ignore it any longer, GOD CARES ABOUT YOUR NUTRITION!

Jesus thank you for the Cross where there is mercy and forgiveness for our sins.  Thank you for loving us so much you’d die so we could one day live forever in heaven with you!  Lord please forgive us for abusing the temple of the Holy Spirit.  God help us, encourage us, enable us through the Holy Spirit to live disciplined lives.  God give us a new measure of self-control…help us live fully devoted lives to you.  In Jesus name we pray Amen!

2 comments:

  1. I agree, we need to value ourselves enough to say "no" to unhealthy eating or over eating. I personally struggle with this, but I am trying!

    This process is showing me how little self control I really have, and some areas I really need to grow in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg, your doing awesome...just keep it up! Day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute.

    The great part about this struggle is it is only temporary...one day we will no longer have to count calories, or say no to 2nd's for pizza. I believe living healthy is a process. For me personally there is no better reason to do it then to honor God!

    ReplyDelete