About Me

Words the world would uses to describe me are: Jesus Follower, Husband, Father, Friend, Doctor, Pastor, Teacher, and my personal favorite Crazy!
I believe that we live our lives according to our convictions, what does your life say about whats at your core?

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tomorrow Never Comes!


Tomorrow Never Comes! - Breaking Unhealthy Habits

Don’t fall into the trap of oh well, I will do better tomorrow!

When it comes to diet and exercise we all fail from time to time.  You maybe surprised by the number of times I hear the excuse (OR EVEN USE THE EXCUSE), well I ate this, so I decided that I will start tomorrow.  Maybe we are facing a craving on day 1 of our “new diet” or were just trying to be healthier.  Then we find ourselves giving into a craving & figure well I guess I will just eat everything I crave today and tomorrow I will really get “hardcore”!  Tomorrow I will start!

My own thought is that this excuse / PATTERN is probably the number 1 healthy lifestyle trap…it sabotages a high % of people with good intentions for regaining their personal health!

When we make a mistake or give into a bad habit or craving it’s like falling off a bicycle.  When we fall, we MUST GET RIGHT BACK ON…if we wait until tomorrow we will find another excuse, or perhaps the fear of failure will sabotage our efforts again.

Don’t allow pain to set in and sabotage your goal!  Admit you messed up, confess it to God and MOVE ON!  NOT tomorrow, TODAY!


Get back on and KNOW THAT YOU CAN DO THIS THING!

Pray and ask God for the strength to endure your temptations…

Then sacrifice the desire to Him and allow His love to satisfy your cravings!

No comments:

Post a Comment