About Me

Words the world would uses to describe me are: Jesus Follower, Husband, Father, Friend, Doctor, Pastor, Teacher, and my personal favorite Crazy!
I believe that we live our lives according to our convictions, what does your life say about whats at your core?

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sometimes We Are Afraid to Admit It!


Sometimes We Are Afraid to Admit It!

As a father I want my kids to succeed.  I am sure this desire is similar to the way God feels about each of us…He wants us to thrive, to do well, and enjoy life, because after all our lives are a gift from Him!

Also as a father I have seen the effects of fear on a very basic, raw, easy to understand level.  For instance, when children are afraid to go to their own room because of "monsters", they usually just want a parent / friend that will go make sure their worst fears are not reality.  They don't rational what will happen to this co-monster hunter,  if there happens to really be a monster, they intuitively know there isn't a monster, they just want someone they can place their trust in...Sometimes as parents it's our job to go with our children and disarm their fears!

Fear exist because evil exist!  Our imaginations create scenarios of what could be or "what if's" based on the evil that has impacted our lives...It's my opinon that fear is greatest when:
A.) An individual has experienced great trauma or
B.) An individual has seen something (real life, television, pictures, etc.) and the fear increases as their own imagination increases.


The problem with fear is:
Fear is crippling…
Fear distracts us from accomplishing our mission, our objectives, or reaching our goals.
Fear handicaps our gifts, talents, and even ability, and produces temporary paralyses.
Fear keeps us from accomplishing what God has created us to do!

Perhaps this is why God’s word the Bible says “Do not fear” over 350 times…I’ve even heard it suggested that the Bible says “Fear not” 365 times, once for everyday! 

What fears are keeping us from accomplishing our mission today?

I remember when I was a child.  Whenever fear would creep it’s ugly head in all I needed to defeat it was a companion.  The strength, or wisdom of my company had nothing to do with me overcoming my fears, it was simply their presence!  We serve a God that never leaves us, nor forsakes us…He is omnipresent (ALWAYS PRESENT)…He walks with us and goes before us!

Today He would say to you, “FEAR NOT”!

The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

No comments:

Post a Comment