About Me

Words the world would uses to describe me are: Jesus Follower, Husband, Father, Friend, Doctor, Pastor, Teacher, and my personal favorite Crazy!
I believe that we live our lives according to our convictions, what does your life say about whats at your core?

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

An Open Challenge: Anyone Who Wants to Be Healthy


An Open Challenge:  Anyone Who Wants to Be Healthy

I was 321 pounds in 2007 and as low as 185lbs by 2008.  The majority of my last NINE YEARS  I've been between 210 - 220 pounds…I yoyo but I think that is healthy when your training.

I’ve faced injuries…but for the most part during those nine years I have experienced GREAT health…I believe the Lord has blessed me and kept me healthy and I give Him all the credit for this.

How I felt the last 21 days physically...
On December 30th, 2015 I experienced a bad hamstring injury.  It hurt to walk or even move it for days.  I continued running (hobbling) a mile each day to keep a runstreak alive but couldn’t work out like normal and allowed it to effect me mentally and nutritionally.  I knew I needed extra calories to heal quickly.  I had a half marathon (13.1 miles) on January 9th and a full marathon (26.2 miles), both which I completed.  The past three weeks have been a struggle for me.



ANYWAYS…to make a long story short.  Over the last 21 days I gained 15 pounds.

REGAINING weight: IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANY and ALL OF US, so do we give up?  Do we allow the weight to accumulate until it spirals out of control?  Honestly weight goes back on a million times easier then it comes off.  Let’s be honest it isn’t hard to consume extra calories for the majority of us.

The truth is at 230lbs (this morning January 19th, 2016) I feel about a billion times better then I did on my best day at 321lbs (February 2007).  Since my leg is healing I believe it's time to get serious about my nutrition again.  It is time to eat salads, and veggies and pass on the skittles and burgers!

I have a target of 210lbs by March. 20 pounds…I am going to accomplish this by eatting healthy and well balanced.  I will eat more colorful veggies and fruits and less processed garbage.  I will track my calories and be careful about what I am putting in my body.  Two and a half months of hard core clean living…

Romans 12:1 says, “And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice--the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.”

The point is if you want to lose weight…YOU CAN DO IT!
If your goal is to get healthy…YOU CAN DO IT!
If you want to run, or lift weights…YOU CAN DO IT!

I truly believe you can do anything you put your mind to! 

Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed. (Proverbs 16:3)

Who want's to join me?  Let's do this!!!
What goals are you willing to set?

No comments:

Post a Comment