About Me

Words the world would uses to describe me are: Jesus Follower, Husband, Father, Friend, Doctor, Pastor, Teacher, and my personal favorite Crazy!
I believe that we live our lives according to our convictions, what does your life say about whats at your core?

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Leadership - Humans Are Still Better Then Google


Humans Really Are Still Better Then Google...
Don't underestimate the power of a few seconds... 

I was reminded this morning never to underestimate the power of a friend & a few seconds.  We all have gifts, abilities, and knowledge that makes us experts at certain things.  Jobs, or tasks, skills that set us apart.

We are also all VERY busy people…when approached we are often tempted to say no, without really even making an attempt to help, for example:

I consider myself pretty proficient at computers, people actually ask me for help often, but today I found myself in a position.

I was rushed & in a hurry, I didn’t have time to familiarize myself with a new program so I called a friend, Daniel, on his day off…he listened to my problem, and then told me exactly what to do.  Sure if I wasn’t in such a rush, I could have taught myself, or Googled it, but then I would have missed this ah-ha moment.  This whole situation made me think of something quite funny, humans still are better then Google!!! 

I am sure we’ve all been tempted to click ignore when we saw our cell phones ringing, and in some cases we have to, but whenever we have the opportunity I hope we remember that a few seconds of our time can save others hours, and possibly even days of frustration.

I understand, and agree that we at times MUST say NO, but I am also suggesting we should NEVER miss a coachable or teachable moment, a moment when perhaps a few seconds of our time can help save hours of frustration for another!

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers. -Galatians 6:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment