About Me

Words the world would uses to describe me are: Jesus Follower, Husband, Father, Friend, Doctor, Pastor, Teacher, and my personal favorite Crazy!
I believe that we live our lives according to our convictions, what does your life say about whats at your core?

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Something Has Gotta Change!

Something Has Gotta CHANGE!

There is a vast difference between a GOAL and a WISH…although I believe a large percentage of people confuse the two daily. A Goal can be a wish, but a wish cannot be a goal! In fact a goal without a plan is nothing more then a wish.

The difference between being where (or even who) you want to be and where you currently are is dependent on a plan to move from point A to point B. Self-improvement, fitness, spiritual growth, these all come from having a clear TRAINING PLAN.

Whether your goals for 2011 include losing weight, growing in your relationship with God, quitting smoking, being on time, or something else, we are doomed to fail without a plan to follow!

When I weighed 321+ lbs and led a completely sedentary (inactive) life the consequences of my life choices were terrible health. I realized that in order for something to change, I had to change my plan for living life! AND TRUST ME EVERYTHING CHANGE…

No: Broccoli does not taste better then pizza…choice?
No: Waking up to workout at 4:30 a.m. is not as comfortable as sleeping in…choice?
No: Praying and reading the Bible are not always as entertaining as watching TV…choice?

These are everyday choices that keep us from realizing and living in the health we want and say we desire!

What about you: What unhealthy habits would you like to change in 2011? What would your life look like if you could accomplish this?

Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keeps the law, happy is he. Proverbs 29:18


Below, a before and after picture...There is so much more to this story, I can't wait to share with you.

2 comments:

  1. Great question...I'm trying to put together my list for 2011 and hope I can stick to it. Amazing transformation as well...congratulations on all you've accomplished so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben, I can't wait to hear more of your story! When I first got your request on face book, I knew the name, but didn't recognize the face. Wow!! I had to sit and look through ALL of your pictures, just to confirm it was the same Ben Emmons I knew in high school... Obviously it wasn't! You may be have the same name as that Ben I knew, but you have so obviously changed! You look amazing, happy, and healthy, and are such an inspiration! I'm so thankful that God had a plan for you, and that you chose to follow it!

    Christina (Cool) Briggs

    ReplyDelete