About Me

Words the world would uses to describe me are: Jesus Follower, Husband, Father, Friend, Doctor, Pastor, Teacher, and my personal favorite Crazy!
I believe that we live our lives according to our convictions, what does your life say about whats at your core?

Friday, December 17, 2010

I LOVE New Years!

I LOVE New Years!

I always have…hopefully I always will, but why?

Perhaps it is because of what it represents: a fresh start! I can’t honestly tell you how many New Years Resolutions I have made over my lifetime, but I can tell you that before my 30th birthday I normally failed…

Another thing I can tell you is that since my 30th birthday I have started using a new strategy. Each year I choose three resolutions, based on my convictions. The first always has to do with my relationship with God (and yes this is a measurable resolution), the second always has to do with improvement of my family relations, and the third is a physical or strength building resolution (i.e. lose weight, or run a certain distance everyday).

For the past three years I have attained all the New Years Resolutions I have set, but the question still remains, how, and why?

I believe the key to setting goals is picking things that you are TRULY committed to seeing fulfilled:

It is one thing to say you are committed to God with words; it is another to FULLY live a life devoted to serving Him!

It is one thing to say you are committed to your family; it is another to FULLY live a life devoted to being a family member (whatever your role may be)!

It is one thing to say you are committed to losing weight; it is another to FULLY commit to watching what you eat and exercising!

Have you ever made a goal about something you didn’t really care about? I believe the quickest way to fail at achieving anything is to set goals about things your not passionate for!

So as you think about your core-values (what in life do you really care about?), decide this year that you will set New Years Resolutions, and that you will ACHIEVE Them! Will it be difficult, of course! Will you face resistance, of course! Will you be a better person for following through with your plan, OF COURSE!

HAVE YOU FAILED AT ACHIEVING NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS IN THE PAST? THEN CONSIDER THIS:

Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 3:13-14

3 comments:

  1. What are some of your goals for the coming year? Is there anyway I can help you achieve them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please share about how you measure your relationship with God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Trotsyuk, you may or may not agree with this statement, but I base it off a growing desire to read His Word, spend time in prayer, and doing service or work for His Kingdom...for me the stronger my relationship with someone is the more time I desire to spend with them and the more I am willing to do for that individual...I also believe this is true with our relationship with God. The problem, only that person can truly know how much they are or are not growing in relations with God!

    ReplyDelete